Thursday, July 14, 2011

Hifiduino

Got me an Arduino UNO board and started doing its basic programming tutorials and got an LCD display panel to toy with.  Great to have these tools and dedicated people to learn from.  I always wanted to know the actual sample rate of digital music that is fed into the DAC so I searched for solutions on the web and found this : Low cost SPDIF digital monitor.  I then stumbled upon Hifiduino who provided the answers and more - it controls the settings of the Buffalo II DAC too.  So, I set out to build the DAC display as described in Hifiduino following each steps carefully and cut and paste the software codes (with minor modifications to the codes and some emails to the code writer) - bingo it works!  Now, I not only have a good sounding DAC but also a well featured one too.



No comments: